Unless otherwise stated, all of our Necklaces, Earrings, Rings, Fine Bracelets and Luxury bangles are Solid Sterling Silver or Gold filled.
The only exceptions are our gold/silver plated bangles and wedding pins which are plated metals. Flower and tile hoop earrings are plated hypoallergenic metals
Gold filled is an actual layer of gold-pressure bonded to another metal. The layer of gold on gold-filled items is 5 to 10 times thicker than that produced by regular gold plating. Gold filled is much more valuable and tarnish resistant. Gold-filled items, even with daily wear, can last 10 to 30 years if cared for correctly:
- Clean your sterling silver/gold filled jewellery with a mild soap and warm water solution and then gently dry with a soft 100% cotton cloth.
- Sterling Silver can also be polished with with a silver cloth.
- Our gold and silver plated bangles may tarnish over time but to keep them shiny, store in a cool dry place(their box). Apply any perfume, body lotion or creams and let dry before you put on your jewellery.
- For the best care, store your jewellery in the box it came in when not being worn to minimise tarnish.
- Do not wear your jewellery in the shower or pool as the chlorine will tarnish it. Even Sterling Silver and Gold Filled jewellery doesn't like chlorine.
- Our glass bowls and plates are not microwave/ dishwater safe, handwash in warm soapy water only.
- Flower and tile hoop earrings are plated hypoallergenic metals and can be cleaned with a dry soft cloth. Store in their box when not wearing.
If you have any further queries get in touch with us.